"Zionist Lobby" or American interests?

Marc Rodrigues cuito61 at onebox.com
Fri Aug 23 04:35:48 PDT 2002

Two recent pieces from Counterpunch exploring the role of the "Zionist Lobby" in the U.S.-

http://www.counterpunch.org/atzmon0822.html

http://www.counterpunch.org/neumann0820.html

I think the Neumann piece is oversimplistic, dismissing any interest on the part of the American ruling class and explaining the U.S. support of Israel as due to:

"the support of ordinary American Jews for Israeli policies. More important may be the enormous prestige of Jews and Jewish culture in American life."

Almost sounds like a "jews run everything" conspiracy explanation.

Any thoughts?

--*-- Marc Rodrigues Voicemail: 866.206.9067 x4217 Students for a Free Society: http://qcsfs.tripod.com

"I cock back tha sling to stone a settler And breaks him off clean, call me the upsetter" -Zack de la Rocha