Communes (Re: "post-leftism")

JCWisc at aol.com JCWisc at aol.com
Fri Aug 23 06:33:11 PDT 2002

In a message dated Fri, 23 Aug 2002 7:31:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, gcf at panix.com writes:

> Kevin Robert Dean wrote:
> > >Yeah, not into the idea that one can live 'outside'
> > >the system, but who is going to pluck the chickens
> > >come the revolution?
>
> Doug Henwood:
> > I suppose we'll have to take turns, but, still, egads.
>
> Well, if you're going to eat chicken, and you don't like to
> eat feathers, somebody's got to pluck them. Who plucks them
> now?
>
> -- Gordon

Post-revo, after you've spent enough time plucking chickens, you'll probably start to wish like hell that somebody would invent a goddam chicken-plucking machine. You might even want to try inventing one yourself. If you succeeded in doing so, maybe you'd decide that you'll specialize in plucking chickens, taking over from everyone else the onerous task... They'd be glad to give it up. Then it might make sense to raise all the chickens near the plucking factory... And then? And then? Thus is Sin readmitted to the world.

Jacob Conrad