Arming America

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sat Aug 24 11:24:38 PDT 2002

There are a pair of 'bloggers' who seem to be obsessed with this. They are right-wing law professors, in case you are interested:

http://www.instapundit.com/

http://volokh.blogspot.com/

The are very prolific and turn to the topic often, so to find anything you'll need to do a fair amount of looking through their archives.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Cian Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 10:53 PM To: LBO_TALK Subject: Arming America

Recently got round to reading Michael A. Bellesiles' book, "Arming America", and having some serious qualms about a fair bit of his evidence, I wondered if any non-ideological historians had examined his arguments. I think he overstates his case, but all I can find on the internet are attacks from the predictable gun nuts. Well, and "Joyce Lee Malcolm", but I find it hard to take her very seriously given her latest book.