Hitchens: Hawks in the dovecote

RangerCat67 at aol.com RangerCat67 at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 20:14:32 PDT 2002

http://www.observer.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,780386,00.html

An excerpt:

"What the Iraqi and Kurdish democrats would like is American aid for and endorsement of their own efforts to replace the regime. And what they fear is what I also fear - a heavy-handed US attack which results in an Iraqi puppet government that is designed to placate the Saudis and the Turks. That, it seems to me, is where a principled critique of the war-planning might begin. But it's depressing to see the status quo Left preferring to parrot the arguments of pacifist realpolitik."