calling in loans

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 10:26:45 PDT 2002

I think I see the point of our "disagreement."

I think we are referring to two distinct audiences for the debunking arguments.

With creationism and astrology, no self-respecting scientist accepts anything about these bodies of "knowledge." They area near uniformly treated as superstition. However, that does not mean that no arguments are necessary vis-a-vis the lay audience. In fact, that is exactly where concerted efforts are needed.

Economic is similar, though is less unanimity among the "educated", in that the target audience is the lay person, who hears, with GREAT repitition, the successes of the market and its judtifying ideology.

So, I am saying that the argument must be made for two reasons: first, to make it harder for the neo-cons to present lasseiz faire policies as divine rights, and (2) to eduacte the masses so that they see the charlatans for what they are.