gray

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Aug 29 10:08:35 PDT 2002

>"Do you know how to get Gray Davis to change his position on an issue?"
>
>"No, how?"
>
>"Tell him the check bounced."
>

>--- Peter Camejo, Green party candidate (governor-CA)
> as told to Steve Lopez, LA Times, 8/28/02 p. B8.

On the same topic, here is a letter recently sent to our head of DR. marta

Catherine Campisi Director, California Department of Rehabilitation and Member of California's Long Term Care Council Sacramento, California

I am writing on behalf of myself -- remember us, the little people with disabilities, the people you most likely convinced the Governor you represented to be appointed Director of the Department of Rehabilitation.

We would like you to negotiate with the Governor on our behalf. Could you ask him and get back to us on how much it will cost to buy the freedom of the disability community. We want a dollar figure as we are not as sophisticated as the institutional industry, software giants, and energy companies. Is it a million, three million, how much? If these are the rules of the game then let us know, we will set up a political action committee and pay. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier on everyone if we could come to this gentlemen's agreement. It would save all you who he appointed the embarrassment of explaining your liberal clothing in an archconservative performance. We have witnessed all of you in state human services at the Long Term Care Council, for example, as you continue to support farming us to any reform. I have written letters to save Ed Roberts, Bill Tainter, Justin Dart job. I have never had to write a letter for any Wilson/Davis appointee, except Tainter, who stuck their head out.

The Governor if you asked him right could tell us how much. He has done it for others, why not let the people collectively bargain on the same level. We know the people who make money of our having no choice give and are received. It is only fair that we be given the opportunity to out bid them.

At least us devalued would have a dollar figure to know our value to others.

This maybe as new to you as us, but come on, you can at least do one thing for your community, you can make at least take one task that shows some courage.

I look forward to your response.

Signed on as of 8/15/02 10:43:09 AM

Patrick Wm. Connally, Private Person Michelle and Patrick Reardon Marta Russell