The Nation: "dreary"

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 12:56:13 PDT 2002

Here's another dumb rightie saying that the Left is miserable. It was the top cited article on the blogs..no surprise there since 99.999999% of bloggers are right wingers...

http://www.lileks.com/screed/monbiot.html

"Who’s more miserable - the far right or the far left? The former is likely to wash its hands of the modern world, lament how things have gone to hell since the Brits stopped shoving civilization down the ululating maws of Wogland, and announce that you’re all welcome to your polyglot mishmash - I’ll be over here getting smashed on port and reading Patrick O’Brien novels. But at least they seem dedicated to enjoying life on their own terms; if they’re cultural conservatives, they retire to their version of Heston’s apartment in “The Omega Man,” surrounded by the remnants of Western glory, keeping to themselves, and venting their spleen now and then by burping off a few rounds at the moaning zombies outside in the darkened park."...blah blah blah......