The Nation: "dreary" (fwd)

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Aug 31 10:02:06 PDT 2002

part of the policy process. Note on Perle> Yrs. ago I spent a few days at the Hoover Institute reading the Bertram Wolfe papers. Wolfe was a former CPUSA cadre in the 20's that was a Lovestoneite in the 30's, knew Trotsky and Frieda Kahlo. One of her letters to him still had traces of her lipstick and she had dipped the letter in perfume. ---------- http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2001/0206.mencimer.html

Was Kahlo a Stalinist? I first learned of her when I was in Austin, Texas where she was the level of a Che Guevara. (Btw, the Washington Monthy probably takes the cake for mind-numbing dullness.)

Peter