Target , number 88, and liberalism

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Sat Aug 31 13:41:51 PDT 2002

"Nobody knew what it meant," said Carolyn Brookter, director of corporate communications for Target. "We certainly apologize that this was out there. We would not have any white supremacist symbols out selling as merchandise."

wonderful...now a meaningless symbol, to a relative handful of people, becomes big-time hate speak...can I sue my neighbor for wearing a "69" jersey, in plain view of my children? how about "666"? or "route 66"...god bless america. fs