ciao Phil?

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Sat Aug 31 14:09:52 PDT 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:
> New York Post - August 28, 2002
>
> 'DONAHUE' DEBUT DRAWS FEW VIEWERS
>
> By DON KAPLAN
>
> The ratings for TV vet Phil Donahue's new talk show are almost too low
> to track.
>
> The ratings for "Donahue" scored a .1 rating last Friday - that means
> fewer than 136,000 viewers nationwide were tuned in during MSNBC's
> hour-long 8 p.m. talk show.

The right wingers can't stomache the fact that lefty views are appearing more often on TV, so they spread disinformation about whatever alternative

simply exists.

The big deal about a .1 rating is an example of deception and intellectual laziness. How about if we look at the ratings for all news shows on the cable news stations? It's not fair to compare Donahue to O'Reilly, the latter of which has momentum and a loyal audience of idiots. Most cable TV shows have low Nielsen ratings, but they stay on because people watch a variety of TV.

Like what is MSNBC going to replace Donahue with: some unknown person who will bring them much lower ratings?

This is par for the course for the right wing. If we could get our shit together and support our already existing media projects and speakers and writers, we could put the right wing into retreat in no time at all.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)