The Nation: "dreary" (fwd)

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Aug 31 14:19:55 PDT 2002

>>Was Kahlo a Stalinist? I first learned of her when I was in Austin,
>>Texas where
>>she was the level of a Che Guevara. (Btw, the Washington Monthy
>>probably takes the cake for mind-numbing dullness.)
>>
>>Peter
>
>She was boinking Trotsky... I kinda doubt it...

I think this is well documented in biographies that she had an affair with Trotsky. She was married to Diego Rivera, an infamous womanizer, so she was having affairs too. The photographer Stiglitz and several others including Trotsky. She was also a disabled woman. She had polio as a child and she was in a bad railway accident that broke her spine. She had many surgeries and was constantly in pain from it. I have always felt that gave her the strength to be a communist. Marta

-- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org