The Nation: "dreary"

JCWisc at aol.com JCWisc at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 17:46:35 PDT 2002

In a message dated 08/31/2002 5:10:37 PM Central Daylight Time, lfeather32 at erols.com writes:

> The lameness of magazines like Z and the Progressive seems to transcend -
> and overwhelm - the talent of particular writers. Take the Progressive, for
> instance.

God, yes, the Progressive. As an ardent local patriot, I'm inclined to give a magazine published in Madison, and one founded by "Fighting Bob" LaFollette, the benefit of every doubt, but the mag just seems irredeemable. All those Stedman drawings they used to run... It's a bit less ugly under Rothschild's editorship than it was under Kroll's, but still somehow out-to-lunch, I'm afraid. And you're right, with such great contributors, it should be so much better.

Jacob Conrad