sorry

JCWisc at aol.com JCWisc at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 20:58:24 PDT 2002

Marta writes:

> Shows how ingrained it is in the culture doesn't it.
> Like racism, it takes a while to root out slurs.

Yeah, it does take a while, and it takes an effort. It means looking at yourself in a mirror, and examining your own heart--and changing your language, and behavior. It's an effort most people (me included) don't want to undertake, because it's so hard. Is that one of the reasons why "the left" is unpopular--because "the left" sometimes asks people to do hard things? Equality is hard.

Jacob Conrad