marx's revenge for our times?

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Mon Dec 2 10:29:56 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Seay" <entheogens at yahoo.com>

> Ok, Ian. You are right. I was just pissed off.
> Hitchen's promotes himself as a person of integrity,
> but when I read things like that article, I realize
> it's just another spectacle of integrity. I have
> heard him quote Marx by heart and he knows better than
> to put forward
> an argument which says that the Communist Manifesto
> was a document which uncritically praised capital.
> If he wants to dive right, fine and dandy, but he
> shouldnt take Marx with him.
>
> Thomas

No prob. I'd just gotten back from Moore's film so I was hypersensitive. Didn't mean to come across as overbearing or high minded.

Hitch couldn't take Marx with him if he tried. As for the Right, they've appropriated Joseph Schumpeter, who, as Joan Robinson once put it, is "Marx with the adjectives changed."

Ian