lbo-talk-digest V1 #7055

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Dec 2 16:26:33 PST 2002

At 07:16 PM 12/02/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I bet that's how it comes out, but I would not
>describe that as the "end of Miranda," which was not
>meant to protect civil plaintiffs, at least
>originally. Does this mean that I'm getting more
>conservative?
>
>jks

Well, there was a question mark at the end of my post: The End of Miranda?

Technically, you're right. I posted it however because this might be a case of the thin end of the wedge. Today Miranda doesn't apply to the case above, tomorrow....????

When I was in cop shop (to become a state park ranger), they gave us a four-hour lecture/workshop on Miranda. Even then (1976), I remember that the cops who gave the lecture mostly thought that Miranda was just another example of how we are soft on crime.

Joanna

Joanna