cultural news

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Dec 3 08:01:54 PST 2002

New York Post [Page Six] - December 3, 2002

Gay writer is surprise dad

ITALIAN sex kitten Asia Argento is preggers by - gasp! - so-called "gay lit it boy" J.T. Leroy. Argento, best known as Vin Diesel's love interest in "XXX," confirmed the unthinkable news yesterday from her California home. "Yeah, he gave me the seed," she told us. "But it's not good luck to talk about it this early." Luckily, Leroy, 23 - whose novel "Sarah" is inspired by his real-life experiences as a transvestite prostitute at truck stops - was also on the line. "When I'm with her, it's kinda like I'm the girl and she's the boy and our parts are just mixed up," the waifish, wig-wearing wunderkind said. "We're hoping for a healthy baby with two heads." Argento, 26, already has a 17-month-old daughter, Anna Lou, by the Italian rock star Morgan. She said she doubts she'll appear in the sequel to "XXX," and her next project is writing, directing and starring in an adaptation of Leroy's short story collection, "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things." We scratched our heads again when Leroy claimed he has a 5-year-old son, Thor, with Speedy, the lady singer of the band Thistle, for which J.T. writes the lyrics.