owning TV stations

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Tue Dec 3 09:41:56 PST 2002

At 08:50 AM 12/03/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> > First a fact: The enemy owns, and will _always_ own the TV stations.
>
>defeatist. you've just written off the bulk of mass media. if the enemy
>can own it, so can we. it just takes work.

Shortly after I emigrated to this country, the Watts riots took place. My father, who was an ardent student of history, loaded me in the car and drove down to Watts to see what was up. As we drove around Watts watching the fires burn, the national guard being trucked in, and men running around carrying T.V. sets and other goods, my father said to me: "You see, this is the difference between a riot and a revolution. In a riot, people loot; in a revolution, they take over the police stations, and the radio stations, and the t.v. stations." I was nine years old at the time and what he said made perfect sense. It still does.

Joanna