How Hate Media Incited the Coup: Venezuela's Press Power

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Tue Dec 3 10:21:42 PST 2002

as long as we're drawing strained analogies, how about B-92? or media outlets in russia back in the late 80s early 90s when they were seemingly always being taken over by gov't troops? none of these is actually comparable to the situation in the US now. imo.

incidentally, i'm perhaps less "sanguine" about "my" ability (or that of an organized left rather than me, where you try to isolate it) than you seem to think. don't push me into an indefensible position and expect me to try to defend it or to take up hopelessly irrelevant analogies and try to argue against them.