How Hate Media Incited the Coup: Venezuela's Press Power

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Tue Dec 3 11:15:25 PST 2002

easy, easy. if you're going to (mis)characterize my concern about left media ghettoization re: pacifica as "contempt," then i don't see any point in continuing. i thought we were actually trying to have a conversation.

i guess it's not clear to me why the presumption relative to venezuela is that it is relevant. i'd like to see the case that it is. so far, your argument is primarily that venezuela has more powerful left-wingers than the us and they don't own the media, ergo it can't be done here. i honestly don't find that very compelling on any level, and that's not a reflection of "contempt" for anyone, either you or venezuelan leftists.

anyway, i have a feeling we're done, here.