Williams on Rieff

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Dec 3 15:45:22 PST 2002

Ian Williams reviews Ingatieff's _The Rights Revolution_ and Rieff's _A Bed for the Night_ in the 9-dec-2002 Nation. Unfortunately it is not online. Here's my favorite 'graf:

"Taken as a whole, this is a strange, self fulfilling pessimism. Actually by the end of Rieff's book, I thought that straw horses should have rights as well. I never saw so many innocent ones have the stuffing knocked out of them in one book."

btw: is _The Nation_ Ian Williams the same one that i see on ITN teevee sometimes?

-- no Onan