weird Hitchens comments on Israel

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Dec 4 00:13:46 PST 2002

Justin wrote:

>In fact US foreign policy on any given day is far more murderous than al Qaidas' >worst day, as I am sure the Noamster would point out with citations and heavy >handed sarcasm.

He surely would, and, for all his citations, his arguments would collectively remain as weightless as a fly. Comparing the impact (for good or ill) of the world's premier super power to a relatively powerless terrorist organization is bound to be an unilluminating exercise. Sort of like saying America is far more murderous on its best day than Jeffrey Dahmer on his worst (with responsible annotation, mind you).

-- Luke -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021204/c94fb27f/attachment.htm>