weird Hitchens comments on Israel

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 06:02:40 PST 2002

Until then, I'm going to
> >stick here with most of the world's population, who
> >find both Bush and bin Laden pretty terrifying.
>

> Maybe after they set off a nuke you'll change your
> tune?
> Or will you just blame it on the West's failure to
> deal
> with "Arab/Muslim grievances"?

The US is a lot more likely to set off nukes than al Qaida. The US _has_ nukes, after all, and a demonstrated willingness to use them on innocent civilians. Or have have forgotten already? I don't make any apologies or excuses for al Qaida's crimes. But my loathing for Jeffrey Dahmer (to use Luke's analogy) doesn't mean that I'm throwing my hand in with Murder Inc.

jks