Theories of Everything (was re: Loewy)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 14:54:47 PST 2002

> > Almost a decade ago (gaak) I wrote a paper
> arguing
> > "yes" -- The Paradox of Ideology, Canad. J. Phil.
> > (1993) (possibly available on the net, google
> under my
> > name and the title).
> >
> > jks

> I have that paper. Why is yes in " "quotes?

They're not scare quotes. It's to indicate indirect discourse, and generally to confuse you.

Could
> it be because there's
> no critique of poetry or information theory or
> Martha Stewart in KM? :-)

Ah, but there is. Poetry: see Prawer's wondeful book on Maex and western literature. Information theory: what else is the theory of ideology? Martha Stewart: the fetishism of commodities and its secret, complete with the house coming down around her ears. ANd didn't KM say that in Capital, he didn't paint the bosses coleur de rose, but treated them merely as traeger, wearers of fashion?

jks