Crime not War

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 5 08:19:00 PST 2002

Well, I agree with W as far as this goes, and the same point goes for ordinary crime. We can't eliminate or significantly reduce it without dealing with the root causes. But that's not an excuse not to investigate, arrest, and try, e.g., Mafia hoodlums. "I'm sorry, sir," the policeman says, "I know he's breaking your legs because you welshed on your vig, but Wojtek has persuaded me that we shouldn't use police methods to deal with crime until we address the root causes of crime." That's not what you mean, I know.

As for terror, my point vs, Luke is just that it's crime first of all, and not war, and should be dealt with by police methods, not by military force. Of course we should also deal with the root causes. Of course we're not doing either of these things.

jks