power

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 5 09:24:24 PST 2002

Gordon:
> I can't speak for all lefties, but as an anarchist what I
> seek to abolish is not "all power" -- whatever that means --
> but the situation in which human society is dominated by
> coercive institutions.

I do not think it is possible - it is like a perpetual motion machine, nice idea but impossible to achive. So while wasting time, energy and resources on trying to built something that cannot be built, instead of using them more efficiently, e.g. by restraiining the excessive power of selected institutions?

Btw, I used be an anarchist, but I got turned off by its inherent individualism as a result of my US experience. Methinks excessive individualism is one of the main root causes of most social and political problems in this country.

Wojtek