Carlos Ortega, CTV/AD Venezuela

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Thu Dec 5 12:51:08 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/5/2002 3:42:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, nathanne at nathannewman.org writes:

> By yours and Yoshie's logic, most of Cointelpro was completely justified and
> probably too few Panthers were jailed, since from every account I have from
> friends of the era, a lot of folks fully intended to support overthrow of
> the Nixon and capitalist regime.
>
> -- Nathan Newman

I see a big difference between advocating for "regime change" and actually plotting to overthrow a government, don't you? BTW, in 1973 the democratically elected government of Chile was overthrown with the active participation of the Unions in that country. Liberals were unanimous at the time in their support of the coup. Seems that little has changed since.

Sergio López -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021205/d2045aa9/attachment.htm>