the Bush shake-up

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Dec 7 07:57:51 PST 2002

Bradford DeLong wrote:

>>[If DiIulio is right, this is all about image and politics rather
>>than policy. Do they have an economic policy, other than cutting
>>taxes for rich folks?]
>
>If that is a genuine question, I'm surprised you're asking it: the
>answer is "no."
>
>If it is a rhetorical question, it's a good one.

Nope, it wasn't a genuine question - it's pretty clear they have no other policy. Oh, I forgot deregulating everything.

All the stories in today's paper make it clear that the change of personnel isn't about policy but about image and salesmanship. Even the way they were rudely fired was supposed to convey a message. What a debased crew.

Doug