Power

topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Sat Dec 7 21:53:07 PST 2002

On 8/12/2002 3:19 PM, "lbo-talk-digest" <owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com> wrote:

> "The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a
> world to win." We have yet to lose the chains, despite constant
> struggles before and after 1848.
> - --
> Yoshie

Experience since then seems to show that either they have more to loose than their chains, or they think they do. Or else they 'love' their chains, a pretty repulsive use of the word 'love'.

But why would this b/d be bad and ordinary b/d not so? I guess this tells us that /d in the bedroom ain't yer usual domination after all... The bottoms of society aren't really topping anyone, unless you believe the free market fairy tales. Or maybe this tells us something about the psychosexuality of misanthropes... and a sort of latent fetishism in the idea that the market reconciles top and bottom... Or maybe it tells us something about the disiciplining involved in the containment of class struggle... what a kaleidoscope.

Thiago, hiding from bushfires.

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au