Body Count

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 14:07:03 PST 2002

So in sum I agree with you entirely that the US "war on terrorism" is a phony war which would better be met by a combination of improved political justice and policing. I disagree only in the idea that when one is faced with a war situation, as in Afghanistan or Kashmir -- when an enemy controls territory and population and you want to contest that control -- that policing governed by normally operative civil norms can do the trick. But I don't you think that either. I think our disagreement is an artifact of the shifting continuum of terms.

Michael

I told Ulas that I think that if al Qaida and others are involved in guerilla war in Kashmir that the Indian govt is justified in using military means to combat them. jks