Power, Social vs Personal Relations

catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Dec 9 17:48:34 PST 2002

> > no. i'm simply saying society isn't some structure outside of how we live,
> > but manifest in how we live, which is not the same as saying we have direct
> > control over it.
> >

>Who would deny that they are "manifest in how we live." But that doesn't
>create any direct personal relationship between the pilots and the
>people they bombed.

no, but they have personal relationships to the bombing, and other personal relationships affected by the bombing, including with the others involved, and, given representations of the bombing before during and after undoubtedly developed personal relationships to the idea of the people they were bombing

i don't really get why that's opaque but... i'm tired, my zip drive just died, my head's full of cleaning fluid, and i've lost my new email address -- so it could be just me