Power

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Dec 10 06:55:10 PST 2002

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 at 11:50pm Kelley wrote:

> At 12:00 PM 12/8/02 +1030, Catherine Driscoll wrote:
> >Quoting budge <budge at el-pleasant.org>:
> >
> >i have not claimed to be a Marxist, but i'm not at all sure what i've
> >posted in
> >this thread that would be prove i wasn't one. i probably shouldn't go there,
> >but... in the spirit of masochism, how exactly did my response to the dog
> >analogy constitute me as not-a-Marxist?
> >
> >Catherine
>
> Someone once wrote, elsewhere, "I'm a Marxit."
>
> I'm a Marxit, You're a Marxit, Wouldn't ya like to be
> Marxit, too--was the reply of one occasional lister.
>
> I think it was Charlie. Joe? Confirm?

i don't remember who posted it originally, i just remember reading cat's reply "i am not a marxits" -- i think it may have even ended up in the subject: line. the thread went on for a long time.

the reason i posted what i did, was what yoshie was doing was the same thing that other poster did on BS: assumed cat was a marxist and start arguing from that assumption. i actually see this fairly regularly on this list (less so these days w/o chaz constantly demanding people's soviet identity papers...) and it leads to confusion or talking past one another.

> That's why Joe was being BAD.
>

> Kelley
>
> Pix of my mind have been on milk cartons for years

-- no Onan