Justice Won't Be Cheated

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 07:14:44 PST 2002

The theme is pretty common in noir. The protagonist of The Postman Always Rings Twice goes down for a murder he didn't commit, after getting away with another. I recently read a Cornell Woolrich story with the same idea, a hood uses another for an alibi, returns to find that his alibi has shot himself by accident, and the cops are coming through the door. A recent Coen Bros movie, The Man Who Was Nobody, or something like that, has the same kind of plot. I don't believe anyone' made this point before on the list, so it probably counts as novel enough to pass MP's requirements. jks