Fairness & Accuracy in Editing Re: Cumings: Endgame in Korea

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 11 11:05:57 PST 2002

I have not been a particularly obsessive nation-basher; I merely got bored with it some years ago and let my subscription lapse. My quarrel with it was more that they had ceased to be interesting and informative enough to be worth paying for. But the wholesale tinkering with Cumings's article that seems to have occurred goes rather beyond merely bad politics: if leftists had to depend only on sources with good politics we would be in bad shape.

Can someone say an exonerating or ameliorating word for the Nation on this debacle?

Carrol