Black Radical Congress -- Dead or Alive?

Art McGee mcgee at freeshell.org
Thu Dec 12 04:15:22 PST 2002

> Is the Black Radical Congress dead? Or is it "alive" but
> unable to function as an organization?

Still very much alive, but for the last year, they went internal as they were no longer able to sustain the public information dissemination and campaigns, i.e., BRC-NEWS, etc. In particular, I, being the person formerly handling most of that (the Communications Coordinator), had to move on as the BRC wasn't ready to move things to the required level. I'm not talking about politics but money. Everyone in the organization is as committed to radical change as ever, but like most of the left, they still haven't grasped what it means to build institutions. Poverty and purity ain't all it's cracked up to be. We have the best politics, but no money to get anything done.

FYI, there are over 50 BRC discussion and information channels, but only a few of those are accessible to the public. BRC-NEWS was just part of the public face of the organization, but after that stopped, the discussion amongst members and other Black folks continued as always.

Art McGee Communications & Technology Consultant amcgee at freeshell.org (510) 967-9381 Circuit Riders International <http://npogroups.org/lists/info/riders> NPO/NGO Media & Technology Calendar <http://amcgee.freeshell.org/mtcalendar.html> Critical Issues in Pan-African Life and Culture <http://lists.aas.duke.edu/mailman/listinfo/afroam-l> Black People Love Us! <http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com> APC ActionApps <http://www.apc.org/actionapps> Information Awareness Office <http://www.darpa.mil/iao>