Weak Links?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Dec 12 19:05:45 PST 2002

Todd Archer wrote:

> It won't "die" because those dependant on it keep resuscitating it,
> but it goes into death-like "comas" like the Crash in the States. But it
> can be consciously "put to death".

There are a lot of points in this post, but for now I'll just respond to this one. _Capitalism_ as such never missed a beat during that crash. (And for that matter, not very many capitalists suffered very much if at all.) Economic misery, slump, war, repression, state interference, booms, inflation, whatever are all just part of capitalism. You were, I think, led down an alley by Wojtek's phrase, "pure capitalism," an utterly meaningless phrase.

Carrol