Re: Plus ça change

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Mon Dec 16 19:44:16 PST 2002

At 08:10 PM 12/16/02 -0600, budge wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 at 6:25pm Kelley wrote:
>
> > "Plus ça change, plus c'est pareil"
> >

>jeezus kell, thanks for the euro character set -- i've
>been trying to wipe that little dingus hanging off of the
>'c' for the last five minutes...

sorry, doll, i just cut in pasted it right outta my draft! <snicker> don't like upper ascii?

> > Although, I much prefer the David Mamet flick, "Things Change".
>
>i've liked every one of his films except homicide. well,
>maybe that's because i tried to watch it with my mother in
>law and the cops say 'fuck', like, every other word. really.
>sentences consisting entirely of 'fuck', it seemed. after
>about ten minutes of that i changed the channel. i mean
>she's not a shrinking violet or anything, but that's a lot
>of 'fucks' for a fairly conventional 80 year old woman.

mmmm. Lawdy I hope a fuck for every sentence isn't to much for me at 80. but, yah, I love David Mamet flix. House of Games is probably my all time fave--probably because, like so many flix, it just happened to also be part of a fabulous viewing experience. I especially love (YUM!) Joe Mantegna. He's in quite of a few Mamet flix--he can handle the dialogue, the way Mamet constructs it. Something about that guy, great character actor

I haven't yet managed to sit through Homicide. I truly love drooling of Joe Mantegna, but something always comes up or I'm dog-tired and can't keep the lids up without toothpicks.

Mantegna/Mamet film fest this weekend!