Strom (& the Ice Cream Man)

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Dec 17 10:50:40 PST 2002

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> I was his ice cream man one summer in the 1970s, 1973, I think. When I
> was 16, a friend and I went in on an ice cream truck route, and sold the
> old creep "eskimo pies," which he identiofied as things that were "black
> on the outside, and _white_ on the inside." He wore a CSA belt buckle
> sometimes. His wife was a ditz, but absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I
> can't remember what she bought. jks

(Would that be Nancy? Here's Strom Thurman in fine form:)

http://www.savannahnow.com/stories/120601/LOCthurmond.shtml

Thurmond begins 100th year with salute to women

The South Carolina Senator says he feels fine.

By Laurie Kellman The Associated Press December 6, 2001

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Strom Thurmond began his 100th year flirting with his female colleagues Wednesday.

"I love all of you men, but you women even more!" he declared by way of a thank-you, after Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D., offered congratulations from the well of the chamber.

Those present erupted in laughter as Thurmond's wife, Nancy, grinned from the gallery. The two have been separated for a decade but have remained on friendly terms.

"I appreciate every one of you, especially you ladies," he added. "You are good-looking, God bless you."

--

/ dave /