[Fwd: afraid of enduring freedom + + +]

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Dec 17 11:13:37 PST 2002

[Fwd]

ILLEGAL ART http://detritus.net/illegalart/

PROPAGANDA december 17, 2002

B'O'K Afraid of Enduring Freedom: A 'War on Terrorism' Documentary IA 108 http://detritus.net/illegalart/bok/

After two amazing cutup tracks on Bricolage #1, B'O'K delivers this politically intense audio documentary/critique of America's "war on terrorism". Spoken bits come from George W. Bush, Noam Chomsky, news reporters, etc., which are surrounded by digitally altered music from Public Enemy, Marvin Gaye, The Beastie Boys, David Bowie, Anthrax, Cyndi Lauper, and the list goes on. The 33 minute album outlines America's hypocrisy with words and music intertwined for maximum effect and commentary. There clearly is something wrong with America's foreign interests, and this well-articulated collage paints a very troubling picture of the "war on terrorism".

B'O'K (Buttress O'Kneel) is somewhat of a mystery artist. Illegal Art has actually never had direct contact and has only communicated with her via ADMacHine, of Guitar and Plunger Studios in Australia.

All art and info is printed on the disc to make this available for the low price of $5 packaged in a slim red case.

ILLEGAL ART EXHIBIT CD http://www.illegal-art.org/audio/liner.html

As you may already know, a recent art exhibit sponsored by Stay Free! magazine borrowed our name and then enlisted our help to compile a CD of illegal music. Included on the CD are tracks legally deleted from our culture, samplephilia classics, and a few surprises. Some tracks were used without permission and thus the disc was given away at the exhibit. We also have a stack of the discs that we're giving away with the purchase of any webshop item. Since it is impossible to add a free item to a paypal or ccnow shopping cart, just put in the comment field a request for the CD.

Tracks by Negativland, Biz Markie, People Like Us, Culturcide, The Evolution Control Committee, Beastie Boys, Dummy Run, John Oswald, Corporal Blossom, Tape-beatles, Public Enemy, The Verve, Wobbly, De La Soul, Buchanan and Goodman, The JAMs, Elastica, Steinski & Mass Media, Invisibl Skratch Piklz, Xper.Xr, and Boone Bischoff.

INTERVIEWS http://detritus.net/illegalart/realistic/pm_interview1.html http://splendidezine.com/features/illegal/

Over a year ago Realistic was interviewed online on the [ia] list. We've finally posted that interview to the web and hope to pick up the slack hosting more interviews in the near future.

Illegal Art label manager, Philo T. Farnsworth, was also interviewed this last summer by Splendid E-zine. It's already a little out of date, but contains some rare photos and insight.

GOODBYE 2002

Festive days and new year to everyone. A big thanks to Illegal Art supporters around the globe.