"Black capital driving democratic change"

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 19 15:26:32 PST 2002

The SACP has a very lively discussion board here, btw. <URL: http://www.sacp.org.za/discussion/ >   SACP Discussion Forum [ Contents| Search| Post| Reply| Next| Previous| Up  | Home]

Where to after the ANC's 51's National Congress From: Floyd Date: 12/18/2002 Time: 12:01:19 PM Remote Name: 146.141.15.223

Comments I feel ample contentment as I cogitate about the fact that the liberation struggle vanguard or our country's ruling party indulged another national congress as from the 16th of December 2002. This contentment is intesified when one recalls that this is the second national congress to be held by the ANC since the democratic dawn in our land. Above and over that, one evokes the verity that we are approaching the centenary of the National Congress, counting the decades the Congress moved through. They were indeed decades of relentless and unremming struggle and quests for better life in our land. However, we ought to look at the immediate near future of the Congress. Particularly the Congress' bond and amity with its allies. Beginning with the exclusion of the leadership core of the SACP and Cosatu on the ANC NEC, we can realise that the amity is heading for bleakness and drabness. Another issue will be on the restructuring of assets stance, which seems as if the government(the ANC) is not prepared to change. Thus we ought to be critical as to whether the SACP and COATU will keep on coercing and pestering their friend to adopt policies, which will satisfy their ideological passion. Will the relationship mean that the SACP and COSATU serve as nominal partners, in that their voices will not be heard, louder as they might be. Is the partnership (alliance) tantamount to customary marriage, where spouses occupy a position of subservience? With The ANC being the Husband and the spouses?, we all know... HIV/AIDS Treatment? Will the ANC retreat its position? This is indeed one of the thormy isuues. THE FUTURE OF THE ALLIANCE IS SHAKY AND WOBBLY. THIS IS NOT A PROPHECY OF DOOM. WE OUGHT TO BE REALISTIC ON THESE ISSUES. Otherwise, I pause. Hey I'm tired man, I've to go. Eeeesh!!!

Last changed: December 18, 2002

-- Michael Pugliese