The roundups have begun

.: s0metim3 :. s0metim3 at netlink.com.au
Thu Dec 19 22:23:49 PST 2002

: >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2589317.stm
:
: [...]
: US immigration officials in Southern California have detained
: hundreds of Iranians and other Muslim men who turned up to register
: under residence laws brought in as part of the anti-terror drive.

[...]
: "All Iranians that live in America are hard-working people... They
: love this country and all... are against terrorism," he said.

So, I guess it's pretty fucking awful over there. ...patriotic, happy workers all.

: Queer Nations: Marginal Sexualities in the Maghreb, by Jarrod Hayes.
: Chicago: U of Chicago P, 2000. xiii+307 pp. ISBN 0-226-32106-1.

[...]
: Hayes's study, in its contrast of
: inclusive and exclusive visions of the nation, reminds the reader
: that the feminist and the queer can be nationalist as well, and
: without compromise.

I'm feeling better already. There I was, thinking I'd have to compromise.

<end message>