Wiesel

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Mon Dec 23 19:41:36 PST 2002

I read one of Wiesel’s books once and was all ready to be sympathetic. How can you not be sympathetic to an account of Nazi concentration camp experience? Also, I had met him once and he seemed a sensitive and decent guy. But then I found the book disappointingly lightweight, in comparison with other books of its type.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:50:41 +1100 From: topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au Subject: Re: Elie Wiesel, reluctant warrior

On 23/12/2002 9:30 AM, "lbo-talk-digest" <owner-lbo-talk- digest at lists.panix.com> wrote:

> Forced to intervene? As in forced by what other than the desparate
> need to find bigger and fatter scapegoat for 9/11?

Warning: attempting to reason through Ellie Wiesel's ramblings may cause permanent brain damage. He is just, just...too profound, too close to the darkest heart, too damaged... He is basically the special sauce you can throw over any reheated hijinks, for that special ethical tang.

__

Thiago Oppermann -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021223/070a44aa/attachment.htm>