Addendum

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Dec 24 01:09:53 PST 2002

http://www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/english.html

From the same site:

*** Inés Ulanovsky - Photos of you "As a child, pictures of the disappeared drew me in a mysterious way. Whenever I saw them at a demonstration, I had the feeling that they were not dead. That they were taking it all in; staring at us from their pictures. 30,000 photographs of the disappeared belong in Argentina's picture album." (35 color photographs and 8 audios)

*** Jonathan Moller - Our Culture is Our Resistance "Between 1993 and 2001 I worked as a human rights advocate and free-lance photographer in Guatemala, principally working with indigenous Mayans uprooted by that country’s long and brutal civil war. I spent much of my time in rural areas, working to support Guatemala’s hardest hit displaced and refugee populations in their struggle for respect of their basic rights". (28 black and white photographs)

*** Mario García Joya (Mayito) I will keep these pictures to myself because at the moment I am thinking of our collective memory convinced that I was there ( in revolutionary Cuba) by accident, that these photographs do not really belong to me, that they belong to my country and its memories. However I will keep them until history can be told just as it happened or until, like now at ZoneZero, I am invited to exhibit my photographs together with my own discourse. (33 black and white photographs)

(...)

--

/ dave /