Chechen gunmen lay down arms

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Dec 28 10:49:47 PST 2002

At 2:06 PM +0300 12/27/02, ChrisD(RJ) wrote:
>I suspect my attitude toward Chechnya is considerably more hawkish than that
>of anybody else on this list.

I don't know -- what I see here is more like indifference to the subject of Chechnya on the part of everyone on the list. You'll hear from Nathan and several others that "something has to be done about Chechnya," if and when the US government gets on the Russian case seriously, in the fashion it did on the Yugoslav case. That probably won't happen, though, because Russia has nukes. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>