Protest ISO Cop-Baiting and Thuggery!/"Stanley Aronowitz, and his pro-imperialist "anti-war" position."

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 29 08:05:05 PST 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I don't mean any disrespect for ISO and anarchists, but I don't see any
> bright political future for either group. Both types of politics appear
> to appeal to the same age group (perhaps anarchists are a bit younger),
> except that the ISO folks tend to be more widely read than anarchists
> and that anarchists tend to be whiter than ISO, which seems to somehow
> attract a sizable number of young intellectuals from the subcontinent.
> Several years ago, there were a couple of brilliant Indian graduate
> students at OSU who were in ISO (I don't know if they still belong to it
> -- I've lost touch with them, alas). Both are beautiful, and one of them
> is drop-dead gorgeous; I hope to see them again somewhere.

Oddly enough, I've been running a comprehensive survey of anarchists (http://www.infoshop.org/survey2002.php) and I've gotten over 200 responses this week. You might find it interesting to know that Ohio, of all placs, is a developing hotbed of anarchism. It's been surprising to get surveys from anarchists living all over that state (Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton, Cincinnati, North Bend, Akron, etc).

I certainly disagree with your assessment of us anarchists, since our numbers are still growing around the world. I got surveys today from anarchists in Korea and Malaysia. I also got an email from an anarchist in the Philippines, who I've been working with to create webpages for him and his comrades.

One common misconception that people have about anarchists is that they all wear some kind of identifiable uniform. There are more anarchists around than the punk ones that you see dressed in black. It's just that many of them, espeically the older ones, don't wear the Circle-A that visibly.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips