Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Dec 29 14:26:29 PST 2002

At 11:05 AM -0500 12/29/02, Chuck0 wrote:
>I got surveys today from anarchists in Korea and Malaysia. I also
>got an email from an anarchist in the Philippines, who I've been
>working with to create webpages for him and his comrades.

Anarchism used to be a prominent political tendency in economically and politically poorer regions among European nations: Italy, Russia, and Spain. Today, anarchism appears to be a phenomenon primarily found among white youths in the richest nations in the world.

Racial imbalances plague all left-wing tendencies, all of which seem much whiter than the US military, corporations, and the Bretton Woods institutions, but I do think that anarchism is the whitest political tendency in the USA. Anarchists may be, on balance, whiter than Republicans (who have learned to use affirmative action when it suits them -- Clarence Thomas, Linda Chavez, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, etc.). -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>