Protest ISO Cop-Baiting and Thuggery!/"Stanley Aronowitz, and his pro-imperialist "anti-war" position."

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 29 21:03:15 PST 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Responding to surveys is one thing; organizing or coming out for actions
> is another. My assessment is that Columbus anarchists (clustered around
> Anti-Racist Action) have the capacity to mobilize about 20 (during
> breaks and exam seasons in school calendars) and 60+ (when kids are in
> school) mainly on their own. The most recent action called by
> Anti-Racist Action (on December 10) attracted about 30, including myself
> (the only person of color in the crowd). Nationwide, I'd say that the
> anarchist mobilizing capacity is between 2,000 and 3,000. "No War But
> Class War" is not yet the slogan to which millions in the USA respond.

Our mobilizing ability is much more than that. That would have been a more accurate estimate back in 1998, but the anarchist movement has grown a bunch since Seattle. And as I pointed out earlier, you can't judge an anarchist by the clothes they wear. There are many anarchists out there organizing in predominantly non-anarchist groups and they often aren't wearing the Circle-A on their sleeves.

>> Speaking from the experience of having been on a panel with Chuck,
>> I've got to say he's right. You'd never guess he's an anarchist just
>> from looking.
>>
>> Doug
>

> Is he dressed like a librarian?

Sometimes. ;-)

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips