propaganda

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 30 11:00:36 PST 2002

>Well I suppose that this propaganda isn't too bad if the aim is to
>sell the US as a great place to emigrate to but I thought that the
>objective was to sell people in other countries on the virtues of US
>foreign policy.
>
>Jim F.

With the new program of registering, fingerprinting, and digital-photographing all male visitors from the Middle East and North Korea (and eventually all non-citizens minus Green-Card-holders [see below]), and mass detention that resulted from it, you would think that they should be spreading the propaganda that says, "Don't even think about studying or doing business here, let alone immigrating! If you come here, we'll either deport you, detain you indefinitely, or at the very least treat you all as potential terrorists!"

***** Friday, December 27, 2002

Activists see 'disaster' in new INS registration policy Males from Middle East must report, be fingerprinted

By CHRIS McGANN SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

...The National Security Entry-Exit Registration System is the agency's first step toward monitoring all visitors in the wake of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, according to INS officials....

<http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/101722_registration27.shtml> ***** -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>