Offlist Re: Venezuelan strike beginning to fail

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Tue Dec 31 06:37:33 PST 2002

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll follow it to the letter.

Excuse me, it was my mistake. I read the intro to this list and it said "Marxist." I thought, incorrectly, that meant Marxist.

So I did watch and listen for awhile. And I got arguments about generational failure, "baby boomers," whether anarchists are diverse enough to qualify for, what?, whether or not there is a movement sufficiently developed to oppose US policies,obviously not, but so what?, and last but not least, Richard Lugar as a reed, glimmer of hope, a twin star with Colin Powell. Well, if that's Marxism, I'm in the wrong place.

I don't think it's easy to change anything. I just think it's necessary, and necessary to begin the process at the ground level. That would preclude discussions of baby boomers, enlightened generals. and other bourgeois beacons of hope. That means, at the start, jettisoning all analyses that don't focus on class, and class as the revolutionary agent.

Pissing people off? Hope so. Nothing wrong with that.

Insulting? Maybe. But don't you regard the canonization, however weak, of Powell and Lugar as an insult? And if you don't why not?

Anyway, I don't wish to disturb the comfortable nature of your discussions any longer.

Anybody who wants to discuss, argue, try pissing me off can contact me at: dmsch at attglobal.net. I won't bother the rest of you any longer.

Happy New Year.

---- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Archer" <todda39 at hotmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 12:10 AM Subject: Offlist Re: Venezuelan strike beginning to fail