Venezuelan strike beginning to fail

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Tue Dec 31 11:08:06 PST 2002

App 4-6 months ago, Counterpunch first printed an article about a female USAF combat officer stationed in the Mideast who was required (and battling the requirement) that she conform to the community standards for womens' attire in the Moslem area.

Counterpunch likened her struggle to that of Rosa Parks. I am not making this up. . This was followed in the next issue with CP's first comment on the emerging priest molestation issue, written by a "radical Catholic." This article attributed the emerging scandal as the result of the Church's inability to allow for love. Not one word about the crimes of child molestation and rape. I'm not making this up either.

Check the back issues.

Latest thing I saw had CP pointing out that some Western private militia group had no anti-semitic references in its "charter."

I'm not making it up. ----- Original Message ----- From: "mike larkin" <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 11:38 AM Subject: Re: Venezuelan strike beginning to fail