Venezuelan strike beginning to fail

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Dec 31 11:56:19 PST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:08:06 -0500 "David Schanoes" <dmsch at attglobal.net> writes:
> App 4-6 months ago, Counterpunch first printed an article about a
> female
> USAF combat officer stationed in the Mideast who was required (and
> battling
> the requirement) that she conform to the community standards for
> womens'
> attire in the Moslem area.
>
> Counterpunch likened her struggle to that of Rosa Parks. I am not
> making
> this up.
> .
> This was followed in the next issue with CP's first comment on the
> emerging
> priest molestation issue, written by a "radical Catholic." This
> article
> attributed the emerging scandal as the result of the Church's
> inability to
> allow for love. Not one word about the crimes of child molestation
> and
> rape. I'm not making this up either.
>
> Check the back issues.
>
> Latest thing I saw had CP pointing out that some Western private
> militia
> group had no anti-semitic references in its "charter."

Well, on the last item, no great surprise. I think most people here know that Alex has long been a fan of the militias. The other items are a bit surprising though.

Jim F.

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com